Monday 22 September 2014

Weight Loss � Realistic Ways To Loss Pounds And Keep Them Off


Working out is one of best things in life, and it can be one of the worst. What makes it one way or the other depends on a few things: your attitude, your dedication, and what you use to get to your weight-loss goals. Do you often find yourself not feeling the motivation enough? You can get through the first few weeks, but after you don’t see much results you give up? I know that I never would have been as motivated if it hadn’t been for the workout music I used. You have to use a combination of diet, exercise, and other helpful tools to get real results.

I started working out in college after I gained the Freshman 15. I realized I couldn’t lose the weight as easily as in my teens. I could eat anything I wanted and as long as I played sports I didn’t gain weight. Well, as you get older and your body becomes less responsive, you need something more. I switched to diet soda, cut out all junk food, no more vending machine on campus, and I drank less alcohol. I also hit the free campus gym.

When I worked out before, I feared actually running and just stayed on the elliptical machines and played volleyball. Then I noticed how fit the people looked on the treadmills and I decided to give it a shot. I started out running 5 mph at 2 incline for 20 minutes. When that went well, I moved on to 6mph at 3.5 incline for 30 minutes and I never felt better. The weight just fell off and soon I was at a healthy weight and fitting in my skinny jeans!

All of this helped me tremendously and I lost 10 pounds in two months. That’s when I hit my plateau and couldn’t lose anymore weight! This happened a few times and I decided I wasn’t going to just keep gaining the same 10 pounds I’d lost and took action! I kept my motivation and was patient when I hit that same plateau. It took a little more time and a little stricter diet, but I lost my next 10 pounds in three months. Yes it took longer, but it was well worth the wait!

Don’t starve yourself and grant a guilty pleasure every once and awhile! Sometimes, I do really well one week and let myself spend Saturday night eating pizza, drinking, and have that deliciously sinful brownie. You have to let yourself indulge every once and while (by that, usually just once a month for me). If you don’t, your diet will certainly fail as you binge and give up.

The most important thing to remember is commitment and patience. All the weight isn’t going to come off like that and you aren’t going to lose it at the same rate. The time it took you to lose those first 10 pounds might be ¼ the time it takes you to lose the next 5. You just have to stick to your diet and keep working out at least 4 times a week.

Don’t give up that easily! You can only get as much as you put it in, that’s what make the rewards so wonderful. You have to change your lifestyle, and you have to workout. I promise you those diet pills and “magic potions” won’t do the trick you have to earn something and you aren’t willing to do that, then you will never have any results.

I know it sounds difficult, but I promise you’ll be so surprised by how much energy you have when you lose the weight. I never thought I would lose those 20 pounds, but I did! It doesn’t matter if you want to lose 20 pounds or 200; you need assistance in order to succeed. You have to get up and take action to see results!


No comments:

Post a Comment